by STEPHEN KARAM
Directed by STEVEN WOOLF
Winner of four 2016 Tony Awards, including Best Play. Three generations of the Blake family have gathered in a dingy New York City apartment for Thanksgiving. Everyone’s trying to make the best of it, but life’s little indignities are piling up. With a mixture of pathos and dark humor, Karam’s vivid family portrait is nothing but honest.
Enhance Your Experience
- Read our Play Guide for The Humans for a deeper dive into the characters, story and themes of the play.
- Join us for a Talk Theatre presentation about The Humans on Monday, February 12 at Opera Theatre of St. Louis (210 Hazel Avenue). Marsha Coplon, The Rep's Director of Education, interviews Steven Woolf, director of The Humans and The Rep's Augustin Family Artistic Director. Tickets cost $18 and are available here.
- Stay for Post-Show Discussions with cast members and Rep staff after the following performances: February 14(matinee), February 15, February 22 and February 28.
- Check out the St. Louis County Library's curated resource list for The Humans, including books, movies and music related to the themes of the play.
- Our partners at the Saint Louis Art Museum present a free, docent-led tour that ties in with the themes of The Humans. This tour will focus on signs of wealth in the collection. Tour dates and times:
February 10; 11:00 a.m.
February 18; 2:00 p.m.
February 24; 11:00 a.m.